Thrombolytics: To Treat or Not to Treat? - Live
Join TeleSpecialists Dr. Theresa Sevilis, board-certified vascular neurologist to review the American Heart Association Guidelines for the Early Management of Patients with Acute Ischemic Stroke. Dr. Sevilis will discuss the indications, relative contraindications, and absolute contraindications for thrombolytics, provide cases for review, and discuss how to use the Guidelines in the decision making process. She will highlight the most commonly asked questions surrounding thrombolytic administration and discuss the new utilization of tenecteplase in place of alteplase.
Emergency Services Physicians
Internal Medicine Physicians
Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician's Assistants
Licensed Practical Nurses
- identify the indications for thrombolytics treatment
- describe the absolute contraindications to thrombolytics treatment
- recognize the evidence behind relative contraindications and
- identify a framework for decision-making
Theresa Sevilis, D.O.
Michelle Boudreau, D.O.
Caitlyn Boyd, MHA, MSN, RN, CPHQ
We are working with a Joint Provider to provide CME accredited activities. Please allow up to 10 business days for your instructions on claiming your CME certificate.
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Emergency Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Nursing Contact HoursThis nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Emergency Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.