Posterior Circulation Strokes - Live
Acute ischemic stroke is a condition that requires timely recognition to initiate optimal acute stroke therapies, reducing morbidity and mortality. Posterior circulation strokes, in particular, can be difficult to recognize and are commonly misdiagnosed in the emergency setting. Join TeleSpecialists' Dr. Benzion Blech, board certified neurologist with a fellowship in Vascular Neurology, to review the mechanisms, signs and symptoms, and management options for posterior circulation strokes.
Emergency Services Physicians
Internal Medicine Physicians
Advanced Practice Nurses
Licensed Practical Nurses
- define the posterior circulation and common symptoms of posterior circulation strokes
- assess the utility of acute stroke therapies for posterior circulation syndromes
- distinguish the utility of the NIH Stroke Scale in the identification of posterior circulation stroke syndromes
- demonstrate knowledge of common posterior circulation stroke syndromes
We are working with a Joint Provider to provide CME accredited activities. Please allow up to 10 business days for your instructions on claiming your CME certificate.
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Emergency Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Nursing Contact HoursThis nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Emergency Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- 1.00 Participation