Thrombolytics for Acute Ischemic Stroke - Live
Thrombolytics options have grown from just alteplase to include tenecteplase which some centers have adopted while others haven't. While both medications are similar, there is growing evidence that there are quite a few differences in administration, monitoring, and indications for medication use. This new introduction has fractured practice habits between different providers and caused growing uncertainty about how to utilize these medications to the best of their abilities. Join TeleSpecialists neurologist Dr. Igor Malenky as he reviews the use of thrombolytics for acute ischemic stroke.
- Advanced Practice Nurses
- Physician Assistant
- Registered Nurses
Learners will be able to:
- Describe the indications for thrombolytics use.
- Identify high/low-risk settings for use of thrombolytics.
- Articulate the decision-making process for thrombolytics use.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
TeleSpecialists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
TeleSpecialists designates this Live activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Nursing Contact HoursThis nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Emergency Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.