Approach To the Treatment of Seizures and Epilepsy: From First Seizure to Refractory Epilepsy - Enduring
Join TeleSpecialists neurologist Dr. William Dotson as he reviews and discusses seizures and epilepsy, including refractory epilepsy. He will explore the appropriate treatments for individuals experiencing a first-time seizure and will highlight the importance of prompt medical attention. He will also discuss standard testing methods used to evaluate possible seizures and epilepsy.
- Physicians Assistants
- Advanced Practice Nurses
Learners will be able to:
- Identify appropriate timing for initiating treatment in epilepsy.
- Describe the appropriate circumstances for augmenting treatment in epilepsy.
- List the potential triggers and risk factors associated with epilepsy episodes.
William Dotson, Medical Director for EEG Services- Telespecialists; American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology; American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
TeleSpecialists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
TeleSpecialists designates this Enduring activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Nursing Contact HoursThis nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the Emergency Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.